Re: Should it be DAV:must-not-be-checked-out or DAV:must-be-checked-i n?

From: Jim Amsden <jamsden@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:15:47 -0400
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Cc: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org, ietf-dav-versioning-request@w3.org
Looks like they all should be DAV:must-be-checked-in (to avoid the
negative).

Peter Raymond <Peter.Raymond@merant.com>
Sent by: ietf-dav-versioning-request@w3.org
07/10/2001 08:44 AM

        To:     ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Should it be DAV:must-not-be-checked-out or DAV:must-be-checked-i       n?

Hi,
In section 1.6.1 we have an example of a CHECKOUT method which fails with
a DAV:must-not-be-checked-out
and returning a 409 Conflict.
I cannot actually see in the spec where the Precondition
DAV:must-not-be-checked-out for the CHECKOUT
method is defined?
CHECKOUT has a DAV:must-be-checked-in Precondition NOT a
DAV:must-not-be-checked-out
Precondition.  So is the example wrong or should the condition for
CHECKOUT be changed.
I also note that DAV:must-not-be-checked-out is used as a precondition for
the LABEL method.
Perhaps they should be consistent and both use
DAV:must-not-be-checked-out?

Regards,
--
Peter Raymond - MERANT