Re: DAV:lockdiscovery on a checked-out resource

From: Steve K Speicher <sspeiche@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 07:08:07 -0500
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org

I guess all this boils down to is that UserA should first do a LOCK then a
CHECKOUT?  ...or a CHECKOUT then a LOCK?

But section 4 "CHECKOUT Option" states: "The checkout option provides an
alternative method that avoids the complexity of the locking protocol".
How am I to interpret this sentence based on what I've heard in this
thread?

Thanks,
Steve