Re: possible new property?

From: <Tim_Ellison@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 13:41:27 +0000
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org

I began reading this with one assumption, then understood what Greg meant
part way through, so the first couple of comments no longer apply.
Scratch those I wrote below, and sorry for the (my) confusion.

Tim

> > For VCRs that are under baseline control, I propose that
> > we add a new property that specifies their relative path
> > to the "root" of the baseline, where the root is defined
> > by the baseline's DAV:baseline-collection property.
>
> I assume that you are referring to the checked-in VCRs in the
> DAV:baseline-collection.

No dumbo, that wouldn't be too difficult!

> > [ hmm. just noticed something: that property assumes the
> > baseline is not disjoint. fixing that is "out of scope"
> > of this message :-) ]
>
> I'll watch for the other message, I don't know what you mean.

This comment still stands.

> > Without the property mentioned above, it would be very
> > difficult to figure out where to go in a baseline to
> > find the matching resource.
>
> What does 'where to go in a baseline' mean?
> Can I assume you mean the DAV:baseline-collection?

I still think 'where to go in a baseline' is a strange expression, but I
know what you mean now<g>