Re: Auto-version corrections

From: Jim Amsden <jamsden@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 17:27:02 -0500
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
> You could also consider removing the first item. A core versioning
server
> that supports the checkout option should still support locking
semantics.

Says who? That is a silly statement. Subversion isn't going to support
locking semantics at all. You'll get a 405 if you send a LOCK or UNLOCK.
Versioning servers don't need locking semantics -- they allow multiple
people to work on resources simultaneously. Think, "parallel development".
That is the antithesis of locks.
<jra>
Maybe I wasn't clear enough. A core versioning server that *supports
locking AND* the checkout option should continue to support its locking
semantics. I didn't mean to imply that a server that didn't support
locking but did support the checkout option needed to support locking.
Note that locking is still optional even  though its referenced in core
since its optional in 2518. So I still think the first item could be
removed.
</jra>