Re: FW: DeltaV doesn't support a true client workspace

From: Geoffrey M. Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@rational.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 23:19:04 -0500 (EST)
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org

   From: "Fay, Chuck" <CFay@filenet.com>

   CHECKIN /foo.html (with new content in the request body)

   I don't see why there should any big objection to this proposal, except on
   religious grounds that any real versioning server *must* provide
   intermediate storage of working versions.

I raised the (non-religious :-) objection in my previous response that
this requires that every argument for the CHECKIN request be a new
header.  I consider this completely unacceptable, since unlike XML
elements, headers are in a single global namespace so it would be
infeasible for a server to safely extend the CHECKIN request.