Re: DAV:compare-baseline REPORT

From: Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 19:32:09 -0800
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 09:50:40PM -0500, Boris Bokowski/OTT/OTI wrote:
> > Now that we have the DAV:baseline-collection for a baseline,
> > I agree that this is a much more appropriate value for the
> > results of this report.  In particular, I'd just return the
> > VCR URL from the DAV:baseline-collection (you could get the
> > version URL from the DAV:checked-in property, if you cared).
> >
> > Does anyone object?
>
> Of course not :-)
>
> However, now that I have a supporter I can at least try to be a bit more
> greedy ;-)
>
> For my anticipated use of this report, getting the version URLs as well
> would be a substantial gain over having to query the DAV:checked-in
> property for each change.

Agreed.

Another alternative to making the DAV:checked-in special (or saying that the
version resource URL is explicitly returned), is to simply allow a DAV:prop
element to exist in the report request, and each set of properties will be
returned for each [VCR] href mentioned in the report.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/