Re: resourcetype (was: RE: Core versioning issues and nits)

From: James J. Hunt <jjh@ira.uka.de>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 14:49:51 +0100
To: Tim_Ellison@uk.ibm.com
CC: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org

   > I think that the spec. should explicitly reserve
   > all names in the DAV namespace.  Application properties
   > should be limited to other namespaces.
   > That would avoid this problem.

   Agreed, but there is already a notable client that does use this namespace.
   :-(

Dear Tim,

I think we should do it anyway, with the note that the ones used by said
client(s) are grand-fathered.  Let the guilty list their sins (;-), by
naming what tags they already have in use.  Of course the list must be
in the spec.  At least then, we can keep the problem from getting worse.

Sincerely,
James