Re: autoversion header (was: Re: DeltaV doesn't support a true client workspace)

   From: Tim_Ellison@uk.ibm.com

   From Geoff:
   > Everyone else: Do you think that the Autoversion
   > header for PUT is of sufficient value to be worth
   > putting into core?  It is a way for a versioning
   > client to interact with a server like Chuck's
   > without forcing his server to have every PUT to
   > a version-controlled resource result in a new
   > version.

   No, please no more alternatives for, or combinations of, existing
   functionality.

Tim makes a good point.  Since folks are already concerned about
complexity and the number of options, we need to be very stringent
about requiring a high level of demonstrated need and support for any
new option or additional variation in an existing option.