Compatibility

From: James J. Hunt <jjh@allerton.de>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 06:35:06 +0000
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Dear Colleagues,

Will sending an XML message body to a WebDAV client or server that
includes a DOCTYPE declaration break the client or server?   Lisa, can
you give an answer?  I your answer is negative, i.e. it will not break
either client or server, I would like to hear from any contrary
opinions.  For the WebDAV specification, I would expect this to be
okay.  I think I have found a way to write a valid
DTD for WebDAV as is.

Sincerely,
James J. Hunt