RE: Re (2): Complexity and Core Considerations

From: Preston L. Bannister <preston@home.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 15:44:22 -0800
To: <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
From: Geoffrey M. Clemm [geoffrey.clemm@rational.com]

From: Edgar@EdgarSchwarz.de
> I normally avoid to cite too much but nevertheless do it to emphasize what
> Geoff said. I couldn't have said it better.
> As I said before. Let the users requirements decide on the fate of the
> options.

For what it is worth, I agree with both Edgar and Geoffery.

The complexity of the protocol may be a concern, but only if this
causes a real problem with interoperability.  After 2.5 years it is
time to move on to the next phase.  The first real implementations
will illuminate most clearly where any misunderstandings may lie.

Preston L. Bannister