Re (2): Edgar`s comments to 12.1

>    FAQ mentioned in a recent posting).  Variants e.g. would need an
>    entry there in the context of solving the "meaningful URL" scenario
>    discussed in the mailing list.
>
> Will do.  If you can add these as "questions" in the auto-faq that
> was recently put up on the deltav site, that would be great, and
> I'll get "answers" posted.
I will think about that.

> As a side note, having the developers making up names for the
> components would make me worry about breakage of the inter-component
> #include and Makefile references, but maybe I just worry too much (:-).
I see your concerns :-) But for that there are some Makefiletemplates
and conventions which are used projectwide.

>    the DAV:subbaseline-set property". I would like to drop this
>    sentence or at least change "MAY choose to not support" to "SHOULD
>    support".
>
> Practically speaking, there isn't much difference between "MAY choose
> to not support" and "SHOULD support", but I'd be happy to make this
> change if nobody objects.
I guess you are right but nevertheless a SHOULD shows that the RFC authors
give it some value. MAY feels a little bit indifferent :-)
So to get some data. Somebody out there who already made up his mind about
supporting baselines ? With or without subbaselines ?

>    So I'm not sure I see the big
>    difference between collection and configuration.
>
> The difference is critical when apply an operation.  Basically,
> it's the difference between a "Depth:0" operation and a "Depth:infinity"
> operation.  In versioning, this is the difference between a
> "version" and a "baseline" of a collection.
OK, that's a description I understand and agree with. I guessed so much but
didn't find is so clearly stated yet.

So I think we are clean enough for going to IETF !

Cheers, Edgar

--
edgar@edgarschwarz.de                    http://www.edgarschwarz.de
*          DOSenfreie Zone.        Running Native Oberon.         *