RE: DeltaV Draft

From: Preston L. Bannister <preston@home.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 14:07:42 -0800
To: <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
[snip]
> We've already got a complex spec, so I try to leave out anything
> that doesn't directly contribute to interoperability.

The part about a complex spec is beginning to bother me :).

Is there anything like a reference implementation?

The traffic in this list reminds me of any number of design
discussions in which I've been in the past.  Each participant
has an internal model of how the product (once built) may
function, and everyone's internal model is different.

Once implementations exist you discover where your internal
models differ.  You also discover which bits are important,
omitted, or downright boneheaded.

I'm guessing there are people doing implementations, though
given the rate of change in the specification doubtless
no one is current with the spec.

So where is the sanity check?

--
Preston L. Bannister