DAV:root-version

From: John Hall <johnhall@evergo.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 11:34:45 -0700
To: <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>

What if the original root version has been deleted?

I could return the earliest version, null, or somehow make the root
version special and non-deleteable.

But the last would require custom errors for DELETE

As I am coming to understand how this process works, I'm anticipating
the following reaction:

1) The spec is silent, do it any way you want.
2) We don't think versions should ever be deleted.
3) If you allow the root to be deleted, returning the earliest version
is probably the least bad option.
4) A special cannot-delete-root-version element is out of the question.