Re: Proposed modification to CHECKOUT with the DAV:apply-to-version f lag

From: Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 02:39:32 -0700
To: "Clemm, Geoff" <gclemm@rational.com>
Cc: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
As you guessed, I've been away and/or overly busy for the past couple weeks.
Thanks for dropping me a mail directly (I haven't caught up on my DAV mail
yet).

Subversion doesn't not check out VCRs (a race condition exists if you do
that), so this change won't affect us.

As long as that property is fully modifiable on the working resource
(including adding it or deleting it), then it makes *some* sense to me.
However, it is also Yet Another Burden on the server. If the client wants to
affect VCRs, then it should use MERGE rather than relying on magic behavior
like this.

Personally, I'd suggest leaving this out because of the additional burden.
We already have a mechanism for updating VCRs upon checkin.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/