RE: What is a supported property?

I agree with all of Tim's responses to this post,
with the following clarification:

   From: Tim Ellison [mailto:Tim_Ellison@uk.ibm.com]

   "Stefan Eissing" <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de> wrote:

   > And what about supported methods? Is CHECKIN a supported
   > method for a checked-in resource, too? It will fail all
   > the time...

   The CHECKIN method is not supported for a checked-in resource,
   i.e., there are no (non-failure) semantics for that operation in
   the specification.  The analogy is with HTTP/1.1 Allow.

The answer to this question depends on whether or not your
server supports in-place-checkout feature.  If it does not,
then I agree with Tim.  If it does, then there is something
you can do to the resource to make the CHECKIN succeed,
namely first applying the CHECKOUT method.  Just as with
the PUT and PROPPPATCH methods, they are supported by a
checked-in VCR, even though you first have to check it out
for them to succeed.