From: John Hall [mailto:johnhall@evergo.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 12:19 PM
To: 'Stefan Eissing'; 'DeltaV (E-mail)'
Subject: A simpler response ... RE: Working Resource Issues ...

There is only one 'in-place-checkout' now, so perhaps we should insist
that any "invisible" in-place-checkout's should be unique.  Therefore,
the only difference is the visibility of the work in progress.

The only reason I made them different URL's is to preserve the semantics
where if you PUT on a resource and then GET you are supposed to GET what
you just PUT.  Therefore, for the PUT's to be invisible it must be a
different URL.

This isn't much different than lock resource, GET, modifing the local
copy, PUT, unlock.