that they are not needed for any client (buggy or not).

From: Lisa Dusseault [mailto:lisa@xythos.com]

> From: Jim Amsden
> The reason we can't introduce new resource types for all of the
> versioning
> resources is because we have to support down-level clients that only know
> about DAV:collection. For new resources that down-level clients couldn't
> possibly know about, workspaces, activities, baselines, etc., we don't
> have this restriction. I agree with Greg and Tim. We should be as
> specific
> as we can about declared type and only compromise when required by
> interoperability considerations.

I thought we had rather strong guidance that working around bugs in a single
implementation was NOT recommended.  Clarification, Jim?

I'd also point out that frequently it will be OK even with buggy clients to
introduce new resource types.  For example, I don't suppose it will be that
easy for non-versioning-aware clients to stumble across URLs of collections
of version-histories, activities, baselines and workspaces.  Not all of
these new resources are even browsable, and they may not appear in any
regular URL space that regular clients are expected to use.