RE: Removing the DAV:activity and DAV:version-history and DAV:ba seline resource type values

From: Jim Amsden <jamsden@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:25:07 -0400
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Geoff says:
>>But I do care in general that DeltaV (and in general WebDAV)
protocols be designed to encourage good client design, and
it seems to me that there is a basic lesson from programming
language design (i.e. that typeless languages are more suited
to environments where clients and servers get changed)
that is being ignored in this drive to extend DAV:resourcetype.<<

Just to clarify, Smalltalk in not a typeless language, it is strongly
typed, but employes dynamic typing. That is, it determines the type of a
class at runtime rather than compile  time. Such late binding provides
extra flexibility in the language at some cost in performance. In any
case, such types are named and described with meta-classes in Smalltalk.
Imagine using the Smalltalk class libraries without class names!