RE: Last Call for DAV:checked-out-vcr Proposal

From: John Hall <johnhall@evergo.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:04:09 -0700
To: "'Tim Ellison'" <Tim_Ellison@uk.ibm.com>, "'DeltaV \(E-mail\)'" <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
Consider this a stand up, hand over heart, this is a vital use case for
them (me) statement.

Note that my use case is different from the one Geoff stated.  I don't
want to support UPDATE or MERGE.  Just CHECKOUT (the VCR to a working
copy) and CHECKIN (working copy to update the VCR).

That is how I wish to build my server, and it tracks the semantics of
the 3rd party non-DeltaV versioning server I want to be compatible with.