Re: Last Call for DAV:checked-out-vcr Proposal

"Clemm, Geoff" <gclemm@rational.com> wrote:
> The DAV:checked-out-vcr property addresses the use case
> where a working resource has been created for the purpose
> of updating a VCR, and then that VCR has been moved while
> the working resource was checked-out.  Since the client
> cannot easily track the movement of the VCR, the
> DAV:checked-out-vcr property provides functionality that
> cannot be achieved by the current protocol for the
> client-workspace package

I would like to see someone stand up, with their hand on their heart, and
say that this is an important use case for them.  I'm increasing resistant
to adding new functionality to DeltaV unless we have these 'compelling'
cases.

Is it really the case that clients would not wish to recover from this
situation should it occur rarely, or lock the version-controlled resource
should it occur frequently?

Skeptically yours,
Tim