RE: Question on Checking (of Working Resource vs. VCR): is this r ight?

From: John Hall <johnhall@evergo.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 15:55:47 -0700
To: "'Clemm, Geoff'" <gclemm@rational.com>, <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
I have a non-forking server and I will not allow people to check out a
prior version, which seems to be allowed in the spec.

I'm willing to refuse to allow a CHECKIN on the working copy and require
it be issued on the VCR.  But a CHECKIN that doesn't 'check the file in'
violates the expectations of every user of every source control system
I've ever seen.