Question on Checking (of Working Resource vs. VCR): is this right?

From: John Hall <johnhall@evergo.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 12:15:13 -0700
To: "'Clemm, Geoff'" <gclemm@rational.com>, <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>

My user performs a CHECKOUT, PUT, and CHECKIN.  He wants the contents to
change, and he wants a new version.

I'm using working resources.

To get this behavior, the user must:
1) CHECKOUT the VCR.
2) PUT on the working copy identified by the Location URL in the
CHECKOUT response.
3) CHECKIN the VCR.

It appears that if they do a CHECKIN on the working copy, they will not
get what they expect.  9.4 indicates that they create a 'version' but
that the VCR doesn't know about it.

Since I don't support UPDATE or MERGE I seem to have two options.  Fail
the CHECKIN on a working copy or treat it as a CHECKIN on the VCR
silently.