MK* and lock-null (was: Re: Deleting versions)

From: Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 22:28:00 -0700
To: DeltaV <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
Cc: ejw@cse.ucsc.edu
> So let's get some feedback from the working group:
> Who thinks that the ability to apply MKWORKSPACE or MKACTIVITY
> is a versioning/locking interaction that merits explicit
> mention in the versioning protocol?  (I think we can take it
> as given that Lisa thinks "yes" and I think "no").

I think that we should explicitly specify that (contrary to RFC 2518), a
MKWORKSPACE or MKACTIVITY can be applied to a locknull resource.

Since allowing them to apply is contrary to 2518, then we need to explicitly
mention that fact. If we don't, then readers will assume that you cannot use
those methods on a lock-null.

And yes: this should raise an issue for 2518 to loosen that language in
some way. (cc'ing Jim explicitly to ensure this is captured)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/