RE: Removing the DAV:activity and DAV:version-history and DAV:bas eline resource type values

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 11:06:58 -0400
To: "DeltaV (E-mail)" <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
   From: Tim_Ellison@uk.ibm.com [mailto:Tim_Ellison@uk.ibm.com]

   Here's the list of elements that could appear in a DAV:resourcetype.
Some
   of these can be combined to provide a really meaningful experience for
the
   client.  Obviously, some combinations are invalid.
	<DAV:checked-in/>
	<DAV:checked-out/>
	<DAV:collection/>
	<DAV:working-resource/>
	<DAV:version-controlled-resource/>
	<DAV:version/>
	<DAV:version-history/>
	<DAV:workspace/>
	<DAV:version-controlled-configuration/>
	<DAV:baseline/>
	<DAV:activity/>

Just as a reminder, DAV:version-controlled-resource, DAV:version,
DAV:working-resource, DAV:checked-in, and DAV:checked-out as a value
in DAV:resourcetype will make that resource appear to be a folder in
the (large number of) Microsoft WebDAV clients that are currently
deployed.  Now I know that Microsoft's misreading of the spec is
reprehensible to the extreme, but for those of us that have to deal
with that unfortunate reality, we may be forced for market reasons to
leave out those particular DAV:resourcetype values from our server
implementations until that bug has been fixed in a widely deployed
replacement for those buggy clients.

Can anyone from Microsoft that is following this list give us a clue
as to whether this bug will be fixed anytime soon?