RE: File creation date, version creation date, and getlastmodified

From: Sridhar Erukulla <serukulla@bytequest.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 13:03:12 -0400 (EDT)
To: <Tim_Ellison@uk.ibm.com>, <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>, <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
In our document management system we have two concepts, 'Object'
and 'Document'. An 'Object' comprises of a 'Document' and all its
properties. The function GetLastModified for a document retrieves
when the actual document was modified where as for an object when
the object was modified which includes the properties and
document.

We found that this distinction was critical in distinguishing the
physical actions like library maintenance, caching etc. vs. the
business operations like using workflow.

-S