Mention nested baselines in 15

From: <Edgar@EdgarSchwarz.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 08:58:27 -0400
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Cc: Edgar@EdgarSchwarz.de
"Clemm, Geoff" <gclemm@rational.com> wrote:
> Sorry if I didn't make it clearer earlier, but I agree with the point
> you raise here.  It was a key component of another thread a month or
> so ago (I can't remember the thread title ... Greg started it, I
> believe).
I remember the thread but didn't follow it closely enough it seems, to
understand the consequences. Sometimes not all things are obvious.

> The final resolution was that every member of a
> baseline-controlled collection got its own
> DAV:version-controlled-configuration property.  This clarified that a
> configuration does not contain version-controlled members of a nested
> configuration, which I believe is what you are asking for here.
> You use the DAV:subbaseline-set to add nested configuration baselines to a
> baseline.
Yes.

So it remains (probably you already know that yourself) that the beginning
of 'Baseline feature' needs some rewording. Especially the the first sentence
and the stuff on components which seems to imply that you have to move it out
of the baseline scope to create a subbaseline.

BTW, I agree with your roadmap for 15. That also means that I can accept a
language attribute for labels. But please NO additional comparison rules if
we can avoid it.
I already shudder when I think about the question whether two strings which are
identical but have nominally a different encoding (UTF8 or ASCII7) match.
So would it be possible to say a label must be in UTF8 and optionally
a language attribute is allowed ?

Cheers, Edgar

--
edgar@edgarschwarz.de                    http://www.edgarschwarz.de
*          DOSenfreie Zone.        Running Native Oberon.         *