RE: couple small comments on 10.12

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 13:46:58 -0500
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
      From: Greg Stein [mailto:gstein@lyra.org]

      S11.4: the phrase "and the request-URL does not identify a
      resource" should be axed. It should be possible to PUT a new
      non-version-controlled resource.

Collection version members must be version histories, and a
PUT never creates a version history at the destination URL,
so you can't use PUT to create a member of a collection version.
If you do a PUT to an existing member of a collection member,
that would be a PUT to a version history resource ... we don't
ever use the content of a version history resource, but we haven't
forbidden a version history from having content.

   *) S11.4: it should talk about matching preconditions for
      VERSION-CONTROL, much like S11.6 does.

Good point.  I'll add that.  Actually, I think it should go into 2.7
(I thought it was there already, but apparently not).