Re: "latest" resource

From: Geoffrey M. Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@rational.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 00:28:28 -0500 (EST)
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org

   From: Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>

   I would do something like:

     MERGE /repos/$svn/act/my-activity-name
     Destination: http://www.lyra.org/repos

     <some merge body>

   The merge body would specify some props, and I'd get my new version URLs and
   version-names back. Quite tidy, actually :-)

   [ and what is funny is that I initially considered MERGE as doing this
     check-in (which is why I asked for the prop response in there). then you
     said it didn't check in resources, just updated VCRs, so that goes out and
     in comes the activity-CHECKIN. that doesn't update VCRs, so now we're back
     where I started :-) ]

Ah yes, but that was before I understood you were doing all conflict
resolution on the client, and before we had the DAV:no-checkout option
to MERGE to ensure it.

But in retrospect, yes, you were right (:-).

I don't feel too bad going around once ... it's the second or third
time around that can make you dizzy (:-).