Re: DAV:must-support attribute (was: comments on deltav-10.5 from Yaron Goland, Act One)

From: Geoffrey M. Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@rational.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 16:16:20 -0500 (EST)
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org

Ah yes, my response was misleading.  I was not planning on defining
any new tokens for an If header, but rather just deferring the problem
until we really needed to deal with it (at which time we can have
the discussion about If header tokens vs. DAV:must-support attributes).

Thanks for clarifying that, Tim.

   From: Tim_Ellison@uk.ibm.com

	 (I.1) Get rid of DAV:must-support attribute, and instead define
	 tokens for use in an If header.

      Done.

      <tim>
	  Shame.  I'll have to see this, but either you have LOTS of
	  tokens or have chosen which are 'ignoreable'.  For the record
	  I was in favour of keeping the attribute.
      </tim>

     <geoff>
       I agree that this functionality has advantages, but
       since it was not critical for versioning, we decided
       to leave it to be defined by some other group that
       really needs it.
     </geoff>

   <tim_2>
     I just want to be clear that when you wrote "...and instead define
     tokens ...", you were not planning on doing that.  Correct?
   </tim_2>