Re: Overwrite:T behavior for COPY

   From: John Stracke <francis@ecal.com>

   "Geoffrey M. Clemm" wrote:
   > A third alternative was suggested at the recent IETF meeting
   > by Roy Fielding, namely, that the "update" behavior was actually
   > the behavior intended for COPY with Overwrite:T, so the
   > right thing to do is to make this clarification in the
   > versioning protocol, rather than introducing a new "update" value
   > for Overwrite or a new Update header.

   Should this be in the versioning protocol, or in an update to 2518? (Or
   is it intended that the versioning RFC update 2518?)

This is something that is needed by the versioning protocol, but which
is of sufficient generality as to be a reasonable candidate for
inclusion in an update to 2518.  So it MUST appear in the versioning
protocol (since we don't want to delay the versioning protocol until
an update to 2518 is completed), and they SHOULD appear in the update
to 2518.