RE: PROPFIND instead of REPORT

This is likely to clear up some confusion:  I was just discussing this stuff
with Barry Lind today, and we were unclear on the concept of what resources
or valid URLs must exist.

Our question was, for a document that has n revisions, how many valid URLs
(I'm avoiding the word resource) exist?
 n version resources, e.g. http://dav.example.org/foo/document.htm?version=n
 +1 version-controlled resource, e.g.
http://dav.example.org/foo/document.htm
 +1 version-history resource, e.g.
http://dav.example.org/foo/document.htm?version-history

So we're talking about a model with n+2 valid URLs?  Like Boris may have
done, I previously interpreted the versioning spec to require n+1 valid
URLs:  one for each version, plus one for the resource/history thing, which
I thought was one beast, rather than two.  Now it seems you're saying the
resource URL and the version-history-resource URL are two different things,
so the entire count is n+2.

If that's the case, then I'm dead against requiring a version-history
resource for servers implementing CORE.  Make the list of versions be a
property on the version-controlled resource, or let versions be discoverable
by adding an <allversions> tag to PROPFIND.  It doesn't matter much, just
keep it simple!

Lisa