Re: PROPFIND instead of REPORT

From: Geoffrey M. Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@rational.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 14:44:24 -0500 (EST)
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
   From: Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>

   On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 01:25:22PM -0500, Boris Bokowski/OTT/OTI wrote:

   > Then what about putting version history resources into core
   > versioning? In document management systems, the history resource
   > for a version like:
   >  http://dav.example.org/foo/document.htm?version=7
   > could be just:
   >  http://dav.example.org/foo/document.htm

   I'd expect the second URL to refer to the "latest" version rather than the
   version history.

I'm sure Boris meant something like:

http://dav.example.org/foo/document.htm?version-history

as the URL for the version history resource, since

/http://dav.example.org/foo/document.htm

is the URL for the version-controlled resource.

Note that we need to be a bit careful with the terms "refer" and
"latest" in this context.  When a version-controlled resource is
checked-in, its content and dead properties are the same as those of
the version resource identified by the DAV:target of the
version-controlled resource, but the URL refers to the
version-controlled resource, not to that version resource, and the
DAV:target is not necessarily the "latest" version (new versions can
be created in the version history without changing the DAV:target of
the versin controlled resource).