Re: PROPFIND instead of REPORT

And the first time some yin-yang does a PROPFIND/allprop to a resource, the
server will get slammed as it computes every report. Of course, it will
probalby just fail because it doesn't have the input parameters needed for
some of the different reports.

That is *very* bogus.

Reports are NOT properties. Live or dead or whatever. They are a special
request to the server to return a (possibly large) response about some
aspect of the server, its config, or the data within the repository.

Bad bad bad... please don't turn them into properties.

Besides the allprop thing, how do you propose to marshal parameters for the
report? By making them seem just like properties, this also takes away the
notion of the "report-ness", so the available-reports thing now feels
awfully arbitrary. But that is needed, because you can'd do a
PROPFIND/propname and pick out what is a report and what isn't.

Aesthetic? I think not. Some basic operations and semantics become quite
twisted when you try to conflate the two.

Properties don't have input paramters. Reports do. Don't mix them.

-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/