RE: PROPFIND instead of REPORT

From: Boris Bokowski/OTT/OTI <Boris_Bokowski@oti.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 13:25:22 -0500
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
> To be clear, I'm not against using REPORT.  I'm only for keeping the
CORE
> requirements from having to support REPORT.  I don't think CORE needs
> anything but PROPFIND for getting version info from the server.  I do
think
> various advanced features are best served with REPORT.

Then what about putting version history resources into core versioning? In
document management systems, the history resource for a version like:
http://dav.example.org/foo/document.htm?version=7
could be just:
http://dav.example.org/foo/document.htm
The DAV:version-set property would then play the role of the history
report. Except that there would be no predecessor/successor information,
but if everything is linear anyway, who cares...

BTW, for core versioning server implementors, it might be interesting to implement GET applied to a version history
resource (the result of which is not spec'd).

Note that since last Saturday, even Greg wants to implement version
history resources :-)
(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Boris.

P.S. Just for the record: I'm in the REPORT camp, but REPORT doesn't have
to be in core.