Re: Minutes Delta-V breakout meeting 14-Dec-00

From: Geoffrey M. Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@rational.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 10:03:53 -0500 (EST)
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org

   From: "Lisa Dusseault" <lisa@xythos.com>

   The reason why "core" versioning servers, e.g. document management servers,
   need a way to list existing versions (what I think is meant by "version
   history")  is because you need a way to tell the client what the URLs for
   previous versions are.  The URLs are not calculable by clietns.

I don't think Greg was questioning the need to have a way
of getting a list of existing versions.  I think he was just
saying that he doesn't need anything more than the DAV:version-tree
report (i.e. doesn't need the version history to actually be
a resource).

   The format can be as dead simple as a list of URLs, though.

   Is there any way that getting a list of revision URLs for a versioned
   resource can work the same way as DAV clients currently browse directory
   contents?

Yes, the DAV:version-tree report lets you say what properties you want
to see.  If you support version history resources, you can use the
DAV:property report (which returns an extended PROPFIND-like response).