RE: comments on deltav-10.5 from Yaron Goland, Act Two

The term "version URL" simply means a URL that identifies a version.  In
your example I'm not sure what you mean by "relative URL".

Servers may support deleting individual versions (as well as the entire
versioned resource).  It would be undesirable for servers to reuse version
URLs since they represent a 'stable' reference to a particular state of the
resource, and may be used as such by other persistent resources.  Clearly
if the server reuses a URL that would be a bad thing in such circumstances.

Tim

"Lisa Dusseault" <lisa@xythos.com> on 2000-12-12 08:56:57 PM

Please respond to "Lisa Dusseault" <lisa@xythos.com>