Version selector properties

From: <Tim_Ellison@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:06:16 +0000
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org

From the versioning spec (section 2.2):

"Although the content and dead properties of a checked-in version selector
are required to be the same as those of its current target, its live
properties may differ."

I would have thought that some live properties should(must?) not be

Hopefully, we would agree that the DAV:getContentLength property must not
be different.

Ok, how about the DAV:resourcetype?  I think that that would most likely
not be different, but maybe it would (interpret the same content as
different types, editing url and execute url maybe?)  Comments?

Well you probably do want that to be different to the version that was the
target of the SETTARGET.  I suspect that having the getlastmodified time go
'backwards' when setting the target to an earlier version would screw up
caching proxies, and clients that rely on If-Unmodified-Since: et al

I think we would agree that the DAV:getetag property should be different.

A successful SETTARGET should result in new last modified and etag values
for a version selector.