Version selector properties

From: <Tim_Ellison@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:06:16 +0000
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org

From the versioning spec (section 2.2):

"Although the content and dead properties of a checked-in version selector
are required to be the same as those of its current target, its live
properties may differ."

I would have thought that some live properties should(must?) not be
different.

Hopefully, we would agree that the DAV:getContentLength property must not
be different.

Ok, how about the DAV:resourcetype?  I think that that would most likely
not be different, but maybe it would (interpret the same content as
different types, editing url and execute url maybe?)  Comments?

DAV:getlastmodified?
Well you probably do want that to be different to the version that was the
target of the SETTARGET.  I suspect that having the getlastmodified time go
'backwards' when setting the target to an earlier version would screw up
caching proxies, and clients that rely on If-Unmodified-Since: et al
headers.

I think we would agree that the DAV:getetag property should be different.

A successful SETTARGET should result in new last modified and etag values
for a version selector.