Re: Re (2): Workspace header and optional labeling

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 05:38:20PM -0400, Edgar@edgarschwarz.de wrote:
> So I will stop and give just a short comment on workspace headers.
> I really wouldn't like to give them up because IMHO workspaces are
> a central concept in advanced versioning. And it would be a shame to
> hide them in the protocol. But I have to think about the technical
> problems Geoff mentioned (The stuff about server extension responsible
> for namespace subtrees).

Well... as a counterpoint argument: I've never viewed workspaces as a
central concept. I've always found them rather bothersome. That darned
Workspace header just felt a bit wrong to me. Thankfully, I could implement
a lot of DeltaV and just completely disregard the workspace concept.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/