RE: Making "LABEL" optional

Hmm,

I think we are missing something here.  I wouldn't want to assume what a
particular application of labels might be for (i.e, the intent) as opposed
to what it is (i.e., the extent).

More than that, I see a problem of coherence (e.g., interoperability over
time or across systems and also up/down-level).

Perhaps it is more useful to come at it like this: - Is it legitimate for
someone to use whatever property is identified for label as a property on a
core-only system, so that if the system were upgraded or the data was
transported to a system with advanced versioning support, everything would
work consistently?  That is, on one level it is an user-defined property,
but with semantics from the advanced versioning specification?   Is there
some semantics on this property for which this would be a problem?

[I realize that this is a conversation that might be worth holding about
other non-core properties too, but I don't have the draft at hand, so I will
be Socratic instead.]

[[Some of this might have sorted out if there were specific measures of what
it means to achieve interoperabilty by WebDAV and by WebDAV + DeltaV.  Oh
well ... There was a specific measure for ODMA and it got broken anyhow
going from ODMA 1.5 to ODMA 2.0]]

-- Dennis

AIIM DMware Technical Coordinator
http://www.infonuovo.com/dmware