Re: detecting a "non-versioning-aware client"

Chris Kaler (ckaler@Exchange.Microsoft.com)
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 09:30:29 -0800

From: "Chris Kaler (Exchange)" <ckaler@Exchange.Microsoft.com>
To: "'Geoffrey M. Clemm'" <gclemm@tantalum.atria.com>,
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 09:30:29 -0800
Subject: RE: detecting a "non-versioning-aware client"

I believe we can determine this based on the request.

If the client issues a request that utilizes new semantics,
methods, or properties, they are assumed to be "versioning aware".

If there issue requests that indicate they are not versioning
aware, then we treat them as down-level.  One such case would
be issuing a PUT or PROPPATCH against an immutable revision.

Chris