Working drafts repository

Jim Whitehead (ejw@ics.uci.edu)
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 11:33:42 -0800

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@ics.uci.edu>
To: Versioning <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 11:33:42 -0800
Subject: Working drafts repository

FYI, in order to improve the transparency of our process, the versioning
design team has created a repository for interim working drafts of its
documents.  This repository is located at:

http://dav.ics.uci.edu/vdt/

Specifically, the interim versioning goals is located at:

http://dav.ics.uci.edu/vdt/version-goals.doc

The interim versioning model is located at:

http://dav.ics.uci.edu/vdt/versioning.doc

You can look at it with HTTP, and you can also can do read-only DAV
operations as well (like create a Web folder).

Documents in this directory have a chance of not being internally
consistent, not being complete, and having many open issues in them.  They
are subject to rapid change. Some items in the documents may not represent
the consensus viewpoint of the design team.

Note that this repository is not intended to replace regular submission of
documents as Internet-Drafts -- this is a supplement, not a replacement.

If you have time to look at them and submit comments to the list, please do
so.  We're trying hard to trade off the need to have a small group of people
who engage in a high-bandwidth discussion of the issues to develop a good
design, versus the desire to involve a broad audience, and gather feedback
from people who are interested, but who can't spare the time to be deeply
involved.

- Jim