Re: Fw: Discussion Topic: Simple Version Selection and Checkout

Geoffrey M. Clemm (gclemm@tantalum.atria.com)
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 12:18:55 -0500

Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 12:18:55 -0500
From: "Geoffrey M. Clemm" <gclemm@tantalum.atria.com>
To: sv@crystaliz.com
Cc: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Subject: Re: Fw: Discussion Topic: Simple Version Selection and Checkout

   From: "Sankar Virdhagriswaran" <sv@crystaliz.com>

   >I think that Sankar, Jim, and I all agree on the key point, namely that
   >users (and tools) want to deal with normal understandable URL's, not URL's
   >that have been munged and mangled with labels or server-defined
   >transformations.

   Yes. Very much so.

Great!

   With this summary, I understand a little better what the proposal is (should
   be reading these documents full time which I don't - apologies).

No apologies neccessary!  The documents are long and in a state of flux.
Since most people on the mailing list don't have time to read all of them,
this kind of email discussion not only gives us a chance to benefit from
your experience, but probably gives a more manageable overview of what's
going on to the list as a whole.