Re: Discussion Topic: Simple Version Selection and Checkout

Sankar Virdhagriswaran (sv@crystaliz.com)
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 12:28:55 -0500

From: "Sankar Virdhagriswaran" <sv@crystaliz.com>
To: <jamsden@us.ibm.com>, <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 12:28:55 -0500
Subject: Re: Discussion Topic: Simple Version Selection and Checkout

>because version selection is almost always done with a floating label
>or "branch/LATEST", rather than a bunch of special cases for individual
>resources.  Is it a problem for document-management?

I cannot speak for document management systems, but for collaboration
oriented systems, the assumption that selection is done only with labels (am
I right in understanding what you are saying?) seems too heavy weight.

Just to clarify, I don't have a problem with the notion of a workspace.
However, I have a problem with selection based on labels only. Why can't a
user access and include an arbitrary revision in a workspace?

Am I missing something?

Sankar