RE: Fwd: Registration of new charset [Amiga-1251] - revision 2

Hi Martin,

Yes - the MIB should be machine-generated each time a new
charset is registered, so that other MIBs pick up that charset.

The MIB can be easily machine-generated with a simple C tool,
as explained in <draft-mcdonald-iana-charset-mib-02.txt>.

I've posted the source and DOS/Windows binary of the C tool
to a durable location on the IEEE/ISTO Printer Working Group's
Web/FTP server (HTTP URLs in the draft are wrong, because our
Web master never mirrored the FTP URLs - will fix with the
RFC Editor).

Cheers,
- Ira

PS - If regeneration of the MIB lags behind the registry,
the only side effect is that other MIBs cannot do I18N of
character strings with the newly registered charsets.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434