Re: UTF-8 interop testing, take 3

From: Chris Newman <Chris.Newman@Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 20:47:45 -0800
To: Patrik Fältström <paf@cisco.com>
Cc: ietf-charsets@iana.org

begin  quotation by Patrik Fältström on 2003/3/6 10:39 +0100:
> I think it will be enough by referencing the mail Francois created which
> can be viewed as:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-charsets/2003JanMar/0039.html
>
> I _might_ need information from you all exactly what applications you
> have used to view the message successfully.

My email client (Mulberry) does not support UTF-8.

I was able to view both the converted message in the web archive and the
UTF-8 attachment file in the following environments:
        MacOS X 10.2.4 Camino web browser (based on Mozilla)
        MacOS X 10.2.4 Safari web browser

All but the last line were correct.  Camino displayed the last line as a
series of double-question-mark characters, a reasonable interpretation on a
system which is presumably lacking the appropriate font.  Safari displayed
the last line as what may be a series of unknown character glyphs.  Given
the number of "unknown" glyphs I would presume both Safari and Camino
correctly parsed the UTF-8.

                - Chris