RE: UTF-8 interop testing

Hello Francois, others,

I can herewith add the following implementations to this interoperability
test on the receiving side:

At 16:39 02/11/28 -0500, Francois Yergeau wrote:
>This message reports on a test of interoperability of UTF-8 on the Internet.

>Another part of the test consists in examining the test message and its
>attachments as served on the Web at
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-charsets/2002OctDec/0106.html by
>the mailing list archive.  Browsing to this URL with four different browsers
>(Netscape 4.5, MSIE 6.0, Netscape 7 and Opera 6.05), one can verify that the
>text is again reproduced faithfully, without any manual adjustement of
>encoding.  Copy-pasting from a browser window to this message, we get:

Amaya (fairly recent update):
I was able to read
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-charsets/2002OctDec/att-0106/03-tes
t-utf-8.htm correctly.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-charsets/2002OctDec/att-0106/01-tes
t-utf-8.tx
had a dot at the start of the text, most probably an artefact of the BOM.

Netscape 6.2:
I was able to read
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-charsets/2002OctDec/att-0106/01-tes
t-utf-8.tx
and
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-charsets/2002OctDec/att-0106/03-tes
t-utf-8.htm

I was not able to read the mail with Eudora 4.2 (Japanese),
but I didn't expect that I would be able to do this; Eudora for Win isn't
really internationalized.

Regards,    Martin.