From: McDonald, Ira [mailto:imcdonald@sharplabs.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 7:09 PM
To: 'pmp@pwg.org'; 'ietf-charsets@iana.org'
Cc: 'bwijnen@lucent.com'; 'ned.freed@mrochek.com'; 'paf@cisco.com';
'dbh@enterasys.com'; 'schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de'; 'harald@alvestrand.no'
Subject: PMP> IANA Charset MIB draft-01 (8 October 2002)

[Many thanks to Michael Sweet for writing a tool 'dfm2html' that
converts my DocuForm markup to HTML.  And a fine tool 'HTMLDOC' that
converts HTML to PDF and HTML with section numbers and live TOC.
See below for the rich-text versions of the IANA Charset MIB.]

Copies: Printer MIB Working Group <pmp@pwg.org>
        IETF Charsets <ietf-charsets@iana.org>
        Bert Wijnen <bwijnen@lucent.com>
        Ned Freed <ned.freed@mrochek.com>
        Patrik Faltstrom <paf@cisco.com>
        Dave Harrington <dbh@enterasys.com>
        Juergen Schoenwaelder <schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de>
        Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
        Ron Bergman <rbergma@hitachi-hkis.com>
        Harry Lewis <harryl@us.ibm.com>
        Ira McDonald <imcdonald@sharplabs.com>

Hi folks,                                       Tuesday (8 October 2002)

I've just sent the second version of 'IANA Charset MIB' to the
Internet-Drafts editor and posted a copy on the PWG server in the
directory 'ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/drafts/' in the files:

    <draft-mcdonald-iana-charset-mib-01.txt> - IETF-style plaintext
    <draft-mcdonald-iana-charset-mib-01.htm> - HTML w/ live TOC
    <draft-mcdonald-iana-charset-mib-01.pdf> - PDF w/ live TOC

This IANA Charset MIB is required for compilation of the Printer MIB v2
<draft-ietf-printmib-mib-info-13.txt>, published separately.

This IANA Charset MIB was developed at the suggestion of Bert Wijnen.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald (editor of IANA Charset MIB)
  High North Inc
  imcdonald@sharplabs.com

Copies: Internet Drafts Editor <internet-drafts@ietf.org>
        Ron Bergman <rbergma@hitachi-hkis.com>
        Harry Lewis <harryl@us.ibm.com>
        Ira McDonald <imcdonald@sharplabs.com>

I-D Editor,                                     Tuesday (8 October 2002)

Please place this document in the Internet-Drafts repository named:

    <draft-mcdonald-iana-charset-mib-01.txt>

It replaces the previous draft named:

    <draft-mcdonald-iana-charset-mib-00.txt>

This document is required for compilation of the Printer MIB v2
<draft-ietf-printmib-mib-info-13.txt>, published separately.

Abstract

   This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
   This IANA Charset MIB is [intended to become] an IANA registry.  In
   particular, a single textual convention 'IANACharset' is defined that
   may be used to specify charset labels in MIB objects.  'IANACharset'
   was extracted from Printer MIB v2 (work-in-progress).  'IANACharset'
   was originally defined (and mis-named) as 'CodedCharSet' in Printer
   MIB v1 (RFC 1759).  A tool has been written in C to regenerate this
   IANA Charset MIB, when future charsets are registered by IANA
   according to RFC 2978.

Thanks very much,