Re: Proposal for insensitive registration

I expect there to be much more software that is written according to RFC 2978/2278 etc. than the use of these few offending charset names.
In my opinion, it is cleaner to remove the handful of names that violate the standard than to have names that conformant software must reject.

One question to ask:
Would the registrar want to permit new names with parentheses - incompatible with browsers and emailers?

markus