Re: (TC304.2484) codesets updates query

From: <erkki.kolehmainen@tieke.fi>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:17:11 +0200
To: Michael Everson <everson@evertype.com>
Cc: "dolores.eccles@Sun.COM" <dolores.eccles@Sun.COM>, "ietf-charsets@iana.org" <ietf-charsets@iana.org>, "TC304@dkuug.dk" <TC304@dkuug.dk>

Dolores,

Please note that the new codeset publications for the ones that you
originally asked for don't change the repertoires nor any of the codings.

Regards,
Erkki I. Kolehmainen
TIEKE Tietoyhteiskunnan kehittńmiskeskus ry
TIEKE Finnish Information Society Development Centre
Salomonkatu 17 A 10, FIN-00100 HELSINKI, FINLAND
Tel: +358 9 4763 0301,   Fax: +358 9 4763 0399
http://www.tieke.fi   <erkki.kolehmainen@tieke.fi>

                    "Michael
                    Everson"             To:     "dolores.eccles@Sun.COM" <dolores.eccles@Sun.COM>
                    <everson@ever        cc:     "ietf-charsets@iana.org" <ietf-charsets@iana.org>,
                    type.com>            "TC304@dkuug.dk" <TC304@dkuug.dk>
                                         Subject:     (TC304.2484) codesets updates query
                    14.01.2002
                    17:42

Hi Dolores:

>Can anyone tell me if there have been any updates to the following
>codesets since Aug 1998 ?
>
>ISO8859-1
>ISO8859-2
>ISO8859-5
>ISO8859-9
>ISO8859-13
>ISO8859-15

The ISO catalogue lists publication dates as:

ISO/IEC 8859-1:1998
ISO/IEC 8859-2:1999
ISO/IEC 8859-5:1999
ISO/IEC 8859-9:1999
ISO/IEC 8859-13:1998
ISO/IEC 8859-15:1999

Please don't forget

ISO/IEC 8859-14:1998

which has some users in at least Ireland and Wales. Note also

ISO/IEC 8859-16:2001

which supports Romanian and was published last year.

One last thing,

ISO 8859-7:1987

which supports Greek is under revision and does have some additional
characters in the code page, I believe.

--
Michael Everson *** Everson Typography *** http://www.evertype.com
15 Port Chaeimhghein ═ochtarach; Baile ┴tha Cliath 2; ╔ire/Ireland