Japanese-XML (Re: Registration of new charset:iso2022jp-19970715-ascii)

Apologies for taking a VERY long time to respond to this batch of
registrations.

Overarching question: Is it the intent of the Japanese-XML activity that
one should register 13 new character sets for active use in data
interchange?

This seems like a very strange way to promote interoperability.
But there may be something I do not understand here - I have not studied
the matter.

               Harald T. Alvestrand

--On 30. august 2001 00:40 +0900 MURATA Makoto <muraw3c@attglobal.net>